Friday, March 24, 2017

Just A Reminder

Just a word of warning to any lupus sufferer who has a bad memory. Weekly pill dividers are a necessity if you have reached the stage of being on lots of medication. I'm taking fifteen prescription medications a day with some more than once a day. If I had to remember to take them at certain times I'd be dead.

With this horrible disease comes mental issues. Foggy memory is one of the worst. Yesterday I felt so sick and disoriented. Making any decisions was next to impossible. I was shaky from the moment I stood up from awakening. Immediately fell. Not a good way to start a day.

As the day progressed so did the unbearable pain. Went to bed early and when the pain lessened I fell asleep. Woke this morning still feeling odd.

When I took my morning meds I found the problem. I had forgotten to take my meds yesterday morning, afternoon and last night. I don't recommend doing this! Be sure to take your meds if you want to function close enough to normal as a lupus sufferer can.

My system is still off kilter. Still shaking. Even though I'm the only one who takes care of me I still have problems functioning from time to time.

A few weeks ago I had to call the rheumatologist office because one of my prescriptions had not been called in. After days of going back and forth with her nurse and the pharmacy, I finally had to call the doctor's​ office and tell them to call in the prescription because the electronic one never went through. I don't think I should have to chase down my medications. Sad when a doctor's office has to be told what to do. After four days they finally decided I was not the one responsible for calling it in. This disease is hard enough without going behind the doctor (who never takes responsibility for the problems).

I miss my rheumatologist from Alabama. Never had to worry about finding doctors when I have other issues. Never had to chase down medications.

I learned a great deal about medication. Never skip. Will send your body reeling! And make sure you find a doctor you don't have to clean up behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment