Friday, April 21, 2017

Doctor Disappointments

Doctor appointment this past Monday. Just the GP. My back problems have worsened since I've been here. I have a bad disc and spinal stenosis. Now when I stand more than five minutes my legs are totally numb from the top of my thighs to the tips of my toes. (neuropathy in both legs and feet since late 90's). Told the nurse why I was there. Said I couldn't even stand at the sink to wash dishes because my back pain and numbness was so bad.

He said, "Don't do it then."

"WHAT?"

"You know, they say if it hurts don't do it."

They gave me a form to fill out. Answer questions to see if my medication is working on  depression. Trouble is, I told him, the questions were from one extreme to another. "Are you restless, agitated or at peace?"

"Well, if you qualify for one of those things listed in each question, circle yet."

I guess it doesn't matter what extreme you are in.

He's not my favorite person to say the least. Wish I didn't have to go through him before seeing the doctor. My blood pressure when up ten points when he was done.

Doctor examined me briefly and said I would need to have an MRI. Gave me prednisone AGAIN. In Dothan they would give me a steroid shot and set up an epidural to manage the pain. I should have told this to the wallpaper because no one listened.

As I was getting my blood test, the nurse passed by and said someone would call for the MRI, but they didn't know where or who.

This morning I called the doctor's office. Told them I never heard anything about the MRI. It had been five days. They told me it would take two weeks to see if my insurance would cover it.In other words,  I just have to suffer.

Thank you Obamacare for screwing up MRIs.

Went to a play at Asbury last night. They did "The Glass Menagerie." It hurts to sit, or lie down, or stand for long periods of time. So I finally remembered to take my back pillow for support. Pain was still bad, but I wanted to get out and go somewhere that didn't involve doctors. Just have to start taking that pillow with me even though it flattens so badly after a couple of hours of use.

If anyone has a suggestion for a pillow for spinal support, I'm all ears!!

Won't have another doctor's appointment until May 1st. So happy to have a short reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment