Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Ouch!!

So tired of breaking out! So tired of itching! Another vasculitis flare for the past two weeks. New bumps pop up, itch like crazy and then turn to sores. Such joy! I've been on prednisone for two weeks but only for the back pain. Hoping it would attack this vasculitis flare and remove the itch. I've learned to use hand sanitizer to kill the sting and then vaseline to seal the bump, but the sores still form. 

I hate prednisone! I've gained more weight from this horrible drug over the past twenty three years. Trouble is you can't get the weight off. If there is a pound or two drop, it is time to take prednisone again. I don't take it unless I'm suffering so badly I have no choice. It has become the go to drug from doctors. It also causes diabetes with long term use. Not worth it! Another reason I hate Prednisone is it tears my nerves apart. Every little thing makes me fall apart. One more week of this mess!


Walgreens home pharmacy called again today about my prescriptions. Same sad soul who doesn't speak up, has such a thick oriental accent you can't understand her, left a message on my machine because it was so early when they called. Had to listen to the message three times to get the phone number. Repeat of last week's message. It isn't time to fill my prescriptions. Yes, I know. That's why you put them on file and fill when due. Unfortunately, Medicare patients now don't get the option of going online to choose auto refill or keep the prescriptions on file that are not ready to be filled yet. I have to keep up with what's due and call them two weeks before. Every time I told her something, she would say, "Well, here's what happened..." but she didn't know what happened. Why can't they get more informed people or at least give the option to speak to someone else? Didn't have a comment for why I've been receiving auto refill prescriptions in the mail this week. Received two yesterday. Between the stress doctors, their office and pharmacies put on us it is a wonder how we haven't added a new category on death certificates: Death by Medical field. 

It is spring. With it comes birds, birds, birds! I took my bird feeder down a few years ago because Grackles kept overtaking it. They are scavengers. Will eat anything and everything. Then they hang around pooping on my porch. I have to hose the porch every day. They devour my dry and canned cat food bowls. It has reached the point I can't put out food until Buddy and Tom show up and most times I'm so sick and forced to stay in bed that I can't keep up with when the cats come.  I'm reordering dry food faster. This has been a bad month cost wise with dry cat food. Those birds! Will be glad when they move on to their next stop.

And I'll be so glad when I can throw the prednisone bottle away!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment