Saturday, July 15, 2017

Good From Bad Situations

I know God brings good from bad experiences or situations. Friday He did so for me.

On Thursday I had my follow up from cataract surgery. The doctor told me Medicare would cover a pair of glasses after this surgery and since I had bought a new pair just months before my first surgery and didn't have the money for another pair, I decided this was a benefit I needed She sent me to Walmart because they were Medicare approved to do cover them.

A man took my info and card and went to call Medicare. He returned and told me they couldn't help me and sent me to Bluegrass Vision saying they would take care of me.

I asked BV if they were Medicare approved and could they provide my glasses. They said yes so I proceeded with the paperwork. After waiting for the doctor to come back into the waiting room he informed me that I would have to pay $120 up front and file Medicare myself. I said no and left. It didn't sound right.
I returned home and called Medicare. They said BV had tried to take advantage of me and informed me of a place that would cover my glasses, but I would still have to pay 20%. I called my doctor's office to let them know my Walmart experience. She said they've had problems with the man there before and we're shocked about BV. I shared my experience because I didn't want anyone else to have the same problems. I called Walmart and spoke to a lady in Vision center and found out that they do take Medicare for glasses after cataracts. She was glad I informed her of my encounter. Top it all off with it being the hottest day so far. Heat index was 96 in Kentucky. The heat causes me to flare and two days in the heat made it worse.

The next day I went to Ditto and Music in Nicholasville. They were wonderful! I explained to the lady what happened. She not only didn't charge me for no line bifocals, she didn't charge me a penny for the glasses. I was blessed beyond measure!

According to a friend, they look at their business as a ministry and not just a money making business. I pick up my glasses on Monday.
Turns out the lady who took care of me was told she possibly has lupus. She needed to talk with someone and didn't know anyone who had the disease. I was able to share part of my experience of 23 years with her and hope it helped somehow. Thankful God intervined! Thank you Heather!!

Don't believe in Him? You're missing out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment