Saturday, July 1, 2017

Random Thoughts

I hate the internet. It has taken away the simple kindness we once took for granted. Like beautiful colored envelopes with love and encouragement, with tears and news all wrapped up in heart and written on the page or card tucked inside. I truly miss real letters and real cards. It showed someone thought ahead to remember you. The internet is just another way of making others feel invisible.

I am always amazed at how some people think. They never call or write, but contact you only when they are in town. When you see them, a handful of words are exchanged. Their good deed done, you don't hear from them again unless they come back to town a year later. Not what I would call a friend. Sometimes it is better to shut the door and keep looking forward.

Blessings. I hear people say over and over again how God blesses them richly. They are married, have children and grandchildren, have a great job, etc. I can't help but wonder if I am considered blessed because I have none of those things. Most would say no. I guess it depends on how you measure being blessed. Material things are just that - things. They decay and rot. Children grow up and leave. Spouses tend to have twice the trouble in life.

I was able to stand in the shower and put on clothes today. I could pull myself up from the bed without struggling. I was blessed by three kitties this morning. In the past I was blessed with strength and ability to care for my dying family members. I am blessed today because I have a roof over my head, food in my pantry, and clean clothes. And I'm blessed because I have a handful of true friends who stick by me through hard times and good. So am I blessed by others standards? No. But the only standards that truly matter come from the one who blessings come from - the one true almighty God. In His eyes I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment