Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Surgery Wednesday

Have to be at St. Joseph main hospital in Lexington by 7:30 a.m. No food after midnight. But now they allow you to drink a carb rich liquid to keep you hydrated. So four packets and water tonight and two packets and water chaser around 4:00 a.m. Wednesday. Will float away! This is suppose to help you recover much better. We shall see. 

With lupus you have a tendency of flaring with anything invasive like surgery. Last time I had surgery I was in the hospital an extra two days because of fevers. Just par for the course. 

Sad thing is I've spent the past few days getting ready to go to the hospital. You think I was going on vacation. What to pack for hospital? What to pack for rehab stay? Set up apartment for return, i.e. raised toilet with handles, hand held shower head, bath mat to prevent slipping, washing clothes and sheets, making sure kitty food is available. 

Wish I were going on vacation instead of having spinal sugery. 

But it is what it is and I don't have a choice. If I put it off I may not be able to walk at all according to the doctor. The pain is horrible now. Just can't seem to endure it. I'm always in pain from lupus, but add on the back pain and I just want it to go away. I know the pain will be bad at first, but if there is hope of it subsiding I'm all in!

I'm tired. Stressed. Dreading it. But I do have peace in knowing God holds me in His hands. What more could you ask for?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mary - I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and saying prayers for your surgery tomorrow. I hope you get some rest tonite and that tomorrow goes smoothly and that tomorrow night at this time you will be well on the road to recovery!

    Love, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete